» Lucille Raine, The Nightmare's Wrath
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:51 pm by Paige weaver

» Post Flood, Anyone?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm by Paige weaver

The Nightmare Realm [Signups]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Nightmare Realm [Signups]

Post by Requiem on Fri May 15, 2015 7:55 am

...Okay, I'll just start this off by saying that, if this actually takes off, this may be canon if I can tweak things to make that possible. For that reason, once/if the actual Roleplay thread is started, it'll initially be located in one of the canon forums in the Kingdom of Vale, but may be relocated to Non-Canon if I can't find of a way to make it even the slightest bit legitimate. If/when that happens, I'll be sure to tell you guys for convenience sake.

Anyways, though...

The basis of what this thread plotline entails would depend significantly on a character's past. Long story short, the heavier burden that a character has due to the events of their past, the better and more action-y their part in the Nightmare Realm will be. More historical conflict = more action and possibly even character development for the character at hand- but they'd have to relive the worst parts of their background in a heavily altered and demented version in contrast to how it actually happened. Because of that, I'm tossing three of my characters - Corvou, Ryan, and Akihiko - up for this thread. Out of all of my current characters that I can remember, those three have the heaviest pasts. They'll have to suffer through ramped up versions of their pasts, so there's gonna be tension here and there for sure.

Note that, should you sign up a character (or even a few if you want), you automatically give permission for your character to be abducted and brought to some sort of hidden base of abandoned warehouse or something- because that's how this is gonna start out. The abducted persons will each have been confronted and knocked out before arrival, and, once they are transported to the buildings in which all of this occurs in, they'd be hooked up to a couple of devices that: (1) Inject a constant yet small flow of a type of drug to keep them in their sleep-like state, and (2) Enable those observing in the real world to look at the subject's dreams via aura readings and connections specifying to that particular person while they're hooked up. The images that they'll see will appear in a sort of ghostly, somewhat translucent set of black and white colors, but, while he or she is dreaming, the character will, of course, still see everything in color. In the Nightmare Realm, what the character sees in their own dream will more than likely take form from their own well being, as well as their internal thoughts, their behavior, and their past. At first, the character at hand will have to face everything on their own- but, little do they know, all of the dreams and experiences that they maintain are actually connected. When we get deeper into the thread, they should be able to encounter one another in the Nightmare Realm.

...Of course, whether or not they still have the stability to tell what's real and fake, alongside what's wrong and right, could differ after suffering an altered and more frightful version of their past. Please remember that, because of this, if/when your character encounters another character within the dream world, they should have at least doubts of whether or not the character is the real thing.

Each character will be taken to an individual room that is locked and watched by a couple of people who are actually in the room with them to conduct everything and to watch everything. However, all of the rooms are still relatively close to each other, and are more than likely only separated by a couple of walls or an averagely-sized hallway. Come the point where the characters awaken along the point - which will happen, and there will be a small breakout/siege, of sorts - they'll eventually regroup with one another. This is the last stretch in which there would be a final skirmish before the plot reaches its end.

This is all just a sort of thread idea I've had for a while- and it was actually influenced by a story that I've been plotting down and working on for the past year, now. I'm not counting on people to sign up, but, if you're interested in this whole concept...Hell, go for it.

...Just remember to at least try and toss up some characters with rougher pasts.
...And also remember that I'll probably take control of the dirtier parts of the experiences in the Nightmare Realm.
torturing characters is what i do best im sorry

So...yeah. If you're interested, then, by all means, sign up. Each person can sign up with three characters each at most.

1 ||| Corvou Azuryn ; Ryan Varryx ; Akihiko Tatsukami (Myself)
2 ||| Amber Rust (Paige Weaver)
3 ||| Koi Akario "Lucy" Raine (Reaper)
4 |||

Last edited by Requiem on Sat May 23, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Requiem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Nightmare Realm [Signups]

Post by Paige weaver on Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 am

hmmm interesting side not before i say who im signing up you can view peoples dreams already so in this world it would be possible now then i guess ill sigh up lets see here Amber rust.
Paige weaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drae on Sat May 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Heh heh heh...

I know just who to sign up for this, albeit she's been tormented enough already but why the hell not!

Signing up Lucy.

View user profile http://writersantics.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Empoleon_Blownaparte on Sat May 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Hmmmm.... Skye... I would put Eve and Snow in as well, but Eve would be too much like Skye's memories since they grew up in the same town and Snow... For some reason I don't see anyone getting the drop on her...
Empoleon_Blownaparte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpose on Sun May 24, 2015 7:06 am

Lizhu
Purpose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Okay, I honestly forgot about this plot. I've decided that, because of some other, more personally important plot ideas that I've been wanting to start for a while, that I'll be postponing the Nightmare Realm until my second round of Roleplay Plot Signups/Threads have progressed a decent amount.

I'm about to initiate signups for the aforementioned threads in a little bit. Once those threads are either halfway or nearly done, I'll then initiate the Nightmare Realm. When that happens, I'll also post here again; most likely to indicate that the official thread is posted and that things are all set to legitimately begin.

Until then, the Nightmare Realm signups and thread are...

Locked and Postponed Until Further Notice
Requiem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top